Experience the thrill of being a Festival company member for one night!
Do you love the Festival? Would you like to enhance the experience for other patrons? Then become a volunteer usher!
Ushers are an incredibly important piece of every performance. Your hard work keeps everything running smoothly and ensures our patrons the best possible experience. As an usher:
- You'll assist patrons in finding their seats, hand out programs, and help clean out the theater after the show. In return, you get to see the performance for free, in seats designated by the House manager. Please be aware that if the performance is sold out, you may not be able to see the show. All seating decisions will be made by the House manager.
- When you usher, you need to be at the theater 1 hour before the scheduled show. Please check-in at the Ticket Office when you arrive and the House manager will meet you in the courtyard.
- There is no set dress code, just dress comfortably for the weather.
- If you cannot usher the evening scheduled, please let the House manager know as soon as possible so we can fill the position for the performance.
- We never cancel a show before the scheduled performance time. If you are scheduled to usher, please be at the theater regardless of weather. In fact, we especially need our ushers when the weather is questionable.
- All persons over 18 years of age may usher.
If you are interested, please sign up by email beginning May 15 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 438-8974. Please include the dates you wish to usher along with alternate dates should your first choice not be available. We request that you sign up for at least two shows (and encourage you to sign up for all three). The House manager will contact you to confirm the dates you'll be ushering.